You may directly download from First National Bank's Horizon Online into Intuit's Quicken '99 or Quicken 2000.The following will provide you with step-by-step instructions on creating this direct download link between your online session and Quicken. Before you can begin, you must install and register your Quicken software.
Current Balance: To prevent having to edit your accounts after the initial download, you will need to know your starting balance. If your online account has been set-up for several days or months, you may want to begin downloading from the last statement date and balance.
The Set-Up: If you have not set-up any accounts in Quicken, the first time you open Quicken, it will take you to the new account set-up. However, if you have already set up the accounts and would like to simply enable the accounts for online access, find the account on your Quicken home page and right click (with your mouse) on the account to "edit the account."
For those who have not set-up your accounts yet, please complete the account set-up questions. Once the account set-up is complete, your Quicken register for that account will open. From here you will need to click on the "Overview" tab at the bottom of the screen which will take you to the same screen as listed above to "edit the account."
Editing the Account
- On this screen you will see a section that says "Online Account Access, Available, Not Enabled". Click on the underlined section. A screen will appear with a large 1,2,3 on it.
- If you already have your Horizon Online ID and PIN, you may skip to number 3, Enable your Quicken Account.
- If you have not received your Horizon Online ID and PIN, you will need to apply online or at the bank before you can continue with the set-up.
- Once you click on the number 3, Quicken will connect you to the Horizon Online login page. Enter your ID and PIN in the appropriate fields and click on "Begin Banking."
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will need to go to the Home Banking drop-down menu and select the "download" option. You must complete one download before your Quicken account can be "Enabled."
- On the Download screen, make sure you select the proper account from the drop-down menu. You will also need to select to download "Transactions between two dates" (you will need to enter the dates in the blank fields).
- Select to download in the .QFX format for Quicken and then click on "Download Transactions" at the bottom of your screen. A second screen will appear with browser instructions, however, since this is a direct download you will only need to click on the arrow link at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the download begins, you will need to select which Quicken account register the information is going to post to. When the download is complete, a box will appear that says: "Your Web Connect data has been successfully downloaded into Quicken."
- Your data has now posted to your Quicken accounts. From this point you may have to do a little maintenance. Your Quicken Online Center will appear, select First National Bank from the drop-down menu (if you have more than one financial institution set-up) and "accept all" of your transactions to post to the right account register.
- Once the initial download has been completed successfully, you will no longer need to have your Quicken software open before you download. Simply go to Horizon Online and repeat the download process, your Quicken will automatically open up for you.
For more information contact Customer Service at 1-800-899-7977 or click here to contact us via email.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have completed one download into Quicken, but I am still having some problems.
Once you have completed the initial download, go back to your "Overview" tab on your Quicken account. On the "Overview" page you will need to make sure that the following information is correctly entered:
Financial Institution: First National Bank account number, not your Horizon Online ID.
Routing Number: First National Bank's routing number is "101102548"
Customer ID: This should be your Horizon Online ID that begins with "6085"
Online Account Access: This should now read Enabled.
If all this information is filled in correctly, another common mistake is trying to go through your Quicken software to access Horizon Online. Please do not try to do this. You do not even need to open your Quicken software before beginning the download; it will open for you once the download is complete.
2. I download into several accounts, is there any way I can distinguish which account is which?
Yes, for both Horizon Online and Quicken you are able to give your accounts a "pseudo name".
Instructions for changing your account name on Horizon Online.
Go to the Home Banking drop-down menu and select the "Management" option. On the "Management" screen select the option to "Change Pseudo Account Name." Select your account from the drop-down menu on the following screen and simply enter its new name in the blank field below.
Return to the Internet Banking page