First National Bank and Colorado First National Bank believes it is important for our customers to understand the risks associated with the Internet, such as viruses & spyware, as well as the tools available to mitigate those risks.Helpful instructions are listed below. We also recommend that you visit the CERT Coordination Center's Home Computer Security web page.
If you use the Internet to conduct financial transactions (banking, credit card purchases, stock trades, etc.) or you store personal and confidential information on your home computer, consider the following:
- Install & periodically update anti-spyware, anti-virus, and firewall protection software to protect your computer, transactions, and personal information.
- Install a hardware firewall.
- Be cautious when visiting unknown web sites and clicking on links, as this simple Internet function can be harmful.
- Avoid downloading software, screen savers, desktop pictures, and toolbars from unknown or non-trusted web sites.
- Apply Windows updates as soon as they are available.
- Do not open emails or email attachments from unknown sources or that appear generic in nature. They may contain viruses or spyware.